Saracen Trekker Double U Brake Frame or complete bike.

Trebz

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Wanted: Saracen Trekker Double U Brake Frame or complete bike. 18" or 19" preferred, colour and condition isn't an issue but it would be nice to find a good one.

PM me if you have anything.

Fingers crossed.

Trebz

Trebz":6pgrcoca said:
Wanted: Saracen Trekker Double U Brake Frame or complete bike. 18" or 19" preferred, colour and condition isn't an issue but it would be nice to find a good one.

PM me if you have anything.

Fingers crossed.

Trebz

I have a 18"1988 model to offer, as a frameset (+ U brakes obviously) currently giving it a clean up and sorting some images. Will post more details when completed clean up / assessment of condition. Am (or rather my Dad) owner. So know it's history etc. We got them as a pair when starting out mtg'ing Christmas time 1988.

PM received and responded to, you don't have to bother cleaning them, I'll do that hehe.

Trebz":3byl2qra said:
PM received and responded to, you don't have to bother cleaning them, I'll do that hehe.

Haha , better reign my Dad (keen bike mechanic) in) ... last I head this afternoon he'd upgraded the ?LX to XTR ! ...

Re: Saracen Trekker 1988 framset + XT U brakeset £199 +postage

Hello Trebz,

Below is a link to a Flickr album of images of 1988 Saracen Trekker to show condition.
Point to note is original decals are worn out , but left in situ.:

£199 + postage (cheapest Royal Mail = £11.34)

https://flic.kr/s/aHsmNhMGkX

Details: Size: 18 inch
Model Year: 1988
Brakeset: Shimano Deore XT double U-Brakes + XT 4 finger levers
Straddle wires and Aztec pads fitted
Headset: XTR (silver) h'set (used)
Bottom Bracket: Shimano Cartridge (used)
Reflector brackets: came with bike (paint matches frame)

P5177339 by JOHN WILLIAMS, on Flickr

P5177355 by JOHN WILLIAMS, on Flickr

P5177357 by JOHN WILLIAMS, on Flickr

P5177359 by JOHN WILLIAMS, on Flickr

P5177360 by JOHN WILLIAMS, on Flickr

P5177365 by JOHN WILLIAMS, on Flickr

P5177376 by JOHN WILLIAMS, on Flickr

P5177388 by JOHN WILLIAMS, on Flickr

One from the archives...(1989)...frameset offered for sale is on the ground in the foreground.

IMG_6314 3 by JOHN WILLIAMS, on Flickr

Thanks for looking, any questions or wish to see something in more detail will do my best to assist...
IMG_6315 3 by JOHN WILLIAMS, on Flickr

Sadly too pricey for me, PM sent to 'tangent'. Thanks buddy, I'm sure someone will coma along and snap it up, I'd make sure it's posted in the For Sale section as well, unless it's there already :)

Trebz":18cm235v said:
Sadly too pricey for me, PM sent to 'tangent'. Thanks buddy, I'm sure someone will coma along and snap it up, I'd make sure it's posted in the For Sale section as well, unless it's there already :)

No worries, (hopefully not too pricey, tricky to judge when it is your own personal retro history).

Happy hunting , there sure to be other's about. Very sound frame sets ,with very hardcore paint work ( MBUK specifcally mentioned that back in the day)... responding to your wanted ad, has started me on path to getting my own Trekking again...

Back