Santa Cruz Blur X4

dadoc2001

Retro Newbie
Like many during lockdowns I got myself back out on my bike and had forgotten how much fun it was. I had a '11 Cube Ltd Pro hard tail that was almost stock but after a few rides I was always wanting more! Came across a cheap Giant Anthem frame I intended to start from and, while I didn't build it up, I shocked myself selling it for a decent profit and became hooked. My plan was to source parts/bikes locally, fix them up and sell (keeping any parts that would upgrade my cube) while learning how to maintain/repair bikes. It's been a lot of fun.

After a while I decided my target was a Santa Cruz Chameleon. Annoyingly I sourced a cracker over a year ago for a friend who was desperately trying to throw money at Halfords, but he saw sense and bought it. I should've bought it but I wouldn't be where I am now 😂.

Long story short I've bought/repaired/split down/flipped several parts until I had a Cube with everything upgraded on it other than the frame. That's until I came across a Cove Stiffee and had to have it. Ever since that purchase and build the Cube didn't get a look in as I enjoyed the Cove so much. But I still hankered for a Cruz!
In June I came across a Blur for sale locally. Pictures and info were poor but it was worth a look. On viewing it was dusty and unloved but had a couple of decent components that could be salvaged/flipped and a garage with parts and a cube that could be put back to stock/used as a donor I have built this up.
The only parts I've bought for this bike are the Race Face Chainring, Saint BB (fitted last night), Shimano finned pads and I have a set of Saint pedals on their way! Heavier than I'm used to and a harder climb but so much more fun on the way down! Bike will do far more than I'm ever capable of 😂
Santa Cruz Blur X4 Med.
Rockshox Monarch RT3 140mm
RS Pike U-turn 140mm
Chris King Headset, Hope Stem, Renthal Fatbar lite bars.
1x9 11-34 SRAM PG990 cassette, SRAM X-7 shifter, SLX cranks, Raceface chainring, Saint BB, and SRAM X-9 derailleur.
SLX Brakeset
Mavic XM819 rims on Hope Pro2 Hubs

Anyone else got an X4? Been keeping an eye out on sales sites but I've only seen 1 in 3 months!

Attachments

• 20210811_210929.jpg
    20210811_210929.jpg
    482.4 KB · Views: 19
  • 20210830_194212.jpg
    20210830_194212.jpg
    606.9 KB · Views: 18

Kevhl

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Had one not so long back, great bike. My brother has it now and still loves it.