2000s Salsa A La Carte

Here are some pics of the seatpost in bits and the troubling rust patches on it from the seat tube.

I'm looking at rust converters to stop the rust in the seat tube. Any recommendations gratefully received.

Attachments

• DSC_8222.jpg
    DSC_8222.jpg
    664 KB · Views: 12
  • DSC_8227.jpg
    DSC_8227.jpg
    578.2 KB · Views: 12
  • DSC_8230.jpg
    DSC_8230.jpg
    835.9 KB · Views: 12
Bit of an update on this baby. After breaking the chain a couple of weeks ago, I've been giving it a bit of TLC. New chain and cables to start with, then decided that the grips were past it -- they were off my 1998 Orange P7 so 25 years old and hard as rock. Those were replaced with some nice new Ritchey jobs.

Then, having fiddled around getting the indexing right again, I decided it was just plain wrong that it had a Continental Race King 2.1 on the front and a Michelin Country Dry 2.0 on the back. The latter was put on by my LBS after I shredded the original Continental -- for some reason it was fatter than the supposedly bigger front tyre. Anyway, on went a pair of Schwalbe Rocket Rons.

It was quite a struggle to get those onto the Mavic rims -- what should have taken half an hour turned into double that with lots of swearing and sweating, but they're seated now and everything's been put back together. Will see if I can get a quick hour's riding in before sundown.

IMG_1122.jpg IMG_1121.jpg

Back