Smelly saddle - just drill it ?😷

You're not the first...
"I just bought a used bike. I love almost everything about it, except that the seat smells like the previous owner's ass! It's just repugnant...I go riding for 10 minutes and my shorts smell like someone else's ass. Does anyone have any advice on how to clean it? It's not a very big saddle...there isn't a lot of padding, so I imagine some cleaning chemicals could penetrate through. I'd appreciate any advice."
Love the replies...
"You were expecting maybe it was going to smell like something else? Get a new saddle and it'll only smell like your ass in due time. Try tieing it up in a pillow case (it won't sound so bad that way) and throw it in a load of wash of your underwear, so at least your ass might prevail."

"hummm, thats odd. Maybe you should do a few rides w/o your shorts to mark it yours?"

"Crap on the saddle. If your a$$ is more powerful than his a$$, your a$$ will drown out his a$$ and we all know our own sh!t smells better than anyone else's. If however, you do not have a powerful a$$, I suggest a WTB saddle."
Think that covers it😂.

I think like already mentioned, remove the rear plastic cover and then the seat cover if you can, it should retain its shape and you should be able to pull it back around the seat and reattach the plastic cover.

Now you have noticed the smell i dont think you will ever un-notice it, you can only air it out and try to resist the temptation to sniff it in future ;)

You could put the saddle in a bag of (fresh) cat litter for a while. If it's too dry after that you could piss all over it to soften it up again.

I think like already mentioned, remove the rear plastic cover and then the seat cover if you can, it should retain its shape and you should be able to pull it back around the seat and reattach the plastic cover.

Now you have noticed the smell i dont think you will ever un-notice it, you can only air it out and try to resist the temptation to sniff it in future ;)
Done, but 2/3 of the rear screws are rounded off/rusted. And looking underneath the front the leather seems pretty tight to the base. But trying all options.

Attachments

• 578DDF13-FE6D-450B-BA27-A7206A37FE45.jpeg
    578DDF13-FE6D-450B-BA27-A7206A37FE45.jpeg
    371.9 KB · Views: 14
  • 64510B26-A155-4C9F-891A-3A16ECD2360E.jpeg
    64510B26-A155-4C9F-891A-3A16ECD2360E.jpeg
    348 KB · Views: 14
Back