Wanted (S) Rocky Mountain Tantalus frame or bike

I am guessing you have placed wanted ads on all the various international FB Retrobike Groups and maybe upped your offer price significantly 🤔 IIRC someone posted on FB 3/4yrs ago, who worked for Rocky Mountain’s Warranty Dept back in the 90s, saying they had a significant failure rate with these Ti frames. I always liked the design of these and wanted one myself bitd but kind of lost interest after reading his posts. Others challenged him on his comments but it was clear at the time from his insider knowledge he had worked for Rocky’s Warranty Dept at that time. Not trying to put you off, just saying and wishing you good luck 🤗

"...saying they had a significant failure rate with these Ti frames": no problem, i will still take and drive any RM Titanium frame that is offered to me.

I'm also looking for a Tantalus frame/bike.
Many thanks.

"...saying they had a significant failure rate with these Ti frames": no problem, i will still take and drive any RM Titanium frame that is offered to me.

I'm also looking for a Tantalus frame/bike.
Many thanks.

Like with some of the early 90s Russian made Ti frames that had failure issues from contaminated welds, the good ones have probably stood the test of time. Try some of the German sites as they are probably more likely to have the high end rarity bikes.

There is no Titanium available in Germany. You have to look for them all over the world. I've never seen a broken Titanim frame. If anyone is afraid, I'll be happy to buy the frame from them.

Life is short. If it was me I would Google and hit up every owner of one directly, searching through every cycling website and Social Media platform and offer to buy. You can always make more money but you cant buy time and good riding years to actually enjoy it 🤗

Latest posts

Back