Rocky mountain Hammer

retrobikeguy

BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
BoTY Winner
Orange 🍊 Fan
Feedback
View
Little bit of a break from the British content that I seem to love so much.

Picked this up a few weeks ago, A rocky mountain hammer, I'm thinking its a 1993.
Colour is a nice british racing green, twin seatstays and the tange big fork, and fitted with an LX front derailleur.

Given this I will be going with an LX groupset.

cRgWOwfl.jpg

:cool: Hammers are great riding bikes, didnt know they came with big forks though. Was thinking of putting a set on a Rocky i am building, will have to see how yours looks when finished, looking forward to it :)

Re:

Cheers fella,

so far I have found the 1-1/8 threaded LX headset and fitted it and these 8 speed shifters, I was thinking 7 speed originally but since these are available along with a donor claud butler it seems the cost effective way to go

hSNMD95l.jpg

Re:

pop up the serial number :)

Rocky would mix groupsets, so this would be a DX/LX mix iirc.

it would have the Tange Big fork too original QR, if back to front, as well. nice.

93 seems a good date choice.

Re: Re:

FluffyChicken":1l4b4759 said:
it would have the Tange Big fork too original QR.

So the big fork is original, was it an option or standard? i always thought rocky's came with the thinner tapered Ritchey style forks.

Re:

catalogue snip

also seen them on the on my old "hammer" (Actually an 92 Equipe but disguised as a Hammer) if I remebe it right.

but the 92 Blizard had Struts and the Stratos had Super Big Forks.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200729_105159_com.google.android.apps.docs.jpg
    Screenshot_20200729_105159_com.google.android.apps.docs.jpg
    230 KB · Views: 767
Re:

Just had a look for the serial number, can't see it on the BB shell, am I looking in the right place?

Re:

I often start a build then get side tracked and this is one of them builds, Well this one hit a stall a few weeks back but a bit of boredom kicked in at the weekend so I bumbled out to the shed to get this box ticked Now built up and ready to ride :)

Full deore LX M567 groupset finally fitted thanks to an old Claus buttla, 8 speed shifters with Mavic rims and some tioga Psycho tyres, not a bad little bike.

ln5uSvkh.jpg

AK1KSJch.jpg

9DYG39Vh.jpg

Bump... offers welcomed as this is now up for sale in the classified section

Last edited:
Back