Rockshox Carbon Judy Info

Carlos Da Silva

Devout Dirtbag
Hi there

Can any expert enlighten me to where I can check the provenance of the Rockshox barcode B099334 on the carbon lowers of a set of Judy DHOs?

Cheers

Re:

1995 Rock Shox/Specialized, Judy fsx lowers with an aftermarket set of uppers to convert them into twin crown forks, I can't think why but I'm thinking it was called the 'afterburner kit' but that's a total guess and I'll likely be corrected by someone before long :LOL:

Re:

Yep, dual crown Spudly. SRAM told me that they were a low volume custom project for Specialized; basically a Judy DHO with carbon lowers made by Specialized.

I would however like to find out a bit more about them from the barcode/serial number and the Iddon Zeds decal origin.

Cheers

Re:

I think zeds were after market springs. Could be wrong. I had a few sets of these forks in single crown form, fitted them with after market englund air internals which really transformed them, and made them even lighter.

Re:

The Iddon Zeds were after market springs as suggested above. I had them in my Judy DHs in ‘96, not sure of their existence prior to then. Paul Iddon was the creator.

Re:

It came to me whilst out on the trails this morning, it wasn't an 'afterburner' kit that turned Judy's into twin crown forks, it was called the 'firestarter kit'
There is, or was a set on ebay with the kit fitted too, maybe Google will help you find more, now you have the correct name for the kit?

See riding bikes is good for the grey matter, as well as your fitness lol!

*edit*

Maybe not that good for the grey matter, as I've just gone back and looked at the ones on eBay, and they're yours :LOL:

Back