Rock Shox Judy T2 forks service

Clappy

Dirt Disciple
Hi,

Can anyone recommend somewhere / someone to service my Rock Shox Judy T2 forks?

Cheers

Jon

I doubt there's anywhere left to do it professionally, they're really basic though, what's the problem?

I'm considering a refurb of my frame and (a 98' Kona Caldera) and thought it about time the shocks were serviced too..... I've had the bike 2 years and they haven't seen a lot of love (or service) in that time......

So there isn't any damper oil in these to change, they're a basic spring/elastomer

So as long as they go up and down smoothly, and the bushings don't knock, all you can really do is pop the lowers off (undo the bolts at the bottom and give a good tug to separate, clean stuff and then slap some fork grease on to pop it back together

Don't they have one of those dampener cartridges in them? Those might need some fresh oil ...

T2's are the most basic Judy, which are a basic working fork.

here
viewtopic.php?t=53227
are some GrimeTimes
look for the Judy ones, even the slightly older judy too as they are all similar.
(basically, undo bolts at the bottom a bit, tap them in to loosen, take bolts out, pull legs out.
Pop spring out the top by undoing the top caps.
clean, lube, grease, oil as needed.)
Also http://www.retrobike.co.uk/gallery2/v/M ... e/Service/ for manuals.

As you'll see the T2 had no damper, so not even that to worry about, but by 1998 the dampers where pretty good if you did have one.
The T2 did unfortunately still use the TypeII spring setup, so has an elastomer under a spring.
This may need changing.
If it does, maybe just look for a better, lighter fork.

Attachments

• 98T2.JPG
    98T2.JPG
    74.6 KB · Views: 2,367

Latest posts

Back