Road Riding Youtube footage

Hapich

Retro Newbie
Re:

I agree with rusty bodie on the Bauer sprint. Bauer panicked and deliberately sent Criq into the rails. It wasn't premeditated just a split second bad decision.
So what does everyone think about Freddy Maertens lead out of Merckx is the 73' worlds??!! LOL. My opinion is that Maertens did a great job and Merckx was spent then acted like a cry baby afterward. I love Merckx BTW.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UpEPeU-bdxw

Mike Muz

Retrobike Rider
BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Re: 1988 World Champs

Old Ned":1rjdddrj said:
rusty bodie":1rjdddrj said:
Oh! watch that elbow, watch that elbow!!

Bauer had chased like a maniac to get on to
Criquelion and Fondriest and came up to them at incredible speed
in spite of the mammoth length of this race.
Too bad he got carried away. :evil:

A terrific race. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nI4W2l2J7fg

Not seen the actual event before - the stuff legends are made of! I can't see that he did it deliberately, it was the DT gear levers that did it. If STI's had been around then it probably wouldn't have happened. Trouble was that it was in Belgium so the reaction was pre-determined.

Not noticed this thread 'til now :roll: will look at some more footage after this post though. Thanks for all your input lads ;)
I'd not seen the finish 'til now either, good to watch. Not sure about your theory though. Bauer was still moving over after he'd changed gear. He knew Criq was there IMO. Was Bauer demoted?Poor old Criq, if it wasn't Bauer, it was that pesky Argentin!

mike

Hapich

Retro Newbie
Re:

Kellys chase down the Poggio then catching Argentin was epic! Sorenson was shadowing him and he got dumped anyway. What a great video. That Brancale helmet was awesome too. Kelly knew that race was dangerous and he wore the hardshell. He wore a hairnet in the Northern classics after tthat. Kelly rules!

Hapich

Retro Newbie
Re: 1988 World Champs

Mike Muz 67":1uc77n8n said:
Old Ned":1uc77n8n said:
rusty bodie":1uc77n8n said:
Oh! watch that elbow, watch that elbow!!

Bauer had chased like a maniac to get on to
Criquelion and Fondriest and came up to them at incredible speed
in spite of the mammoth length of this race.
Too bad he got carried away. :evil:

A terrific race. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nI4W2l2J7fg

Not seen the actual event before - the stuff legends are made of! I can't see that he did it deliberately, it was the DT gear levers that did it. If STI's had been around then it probably wouldn't have happened. Trouble was that it was in Belgium so the reaction was pre-determined.

Not noticed this thread 'til now :roll: will look at some more footage after this post though. Thanks for all your input lads ;)
I'd not seen the finish 'til now either, good to watch. Not sure about your theory though. Bauer was still moving over after he'd changed gear. He knew Criq was there IMO. Was Bauer demoted?Poor old Criq, if it wasn't Bauer, it was that pesky Argentin!

mike

Latest posts