Reyt-pack September 2022 (Downhill vintage rigid race Yorkshire style)

Early days yet, but I’m thinking three, maybe four sections, where we can wait up to share tails of daring-do and for the fun riders to catch up.
And so we don’t have to bother with marshals etc we’ll collect Strava/GPS times at each stop.
@Our Jimmy has an idea for prizes, more about that latter

Early days yet, but I’m thinking three, maybe four sections, where we can wait up to share tails of daring-do and for the fun riders to catch up.
And so we don’t have to bother with marshals etc we’ll collect Strava/GPS times at each stop.
@Our Jimmy has an idea for prizes, more about that latter
Your plan requires the ability to stop.

This contest needs some kind of expenditure rule.

Surely the whole point of Klunkers/Scramblers/Trackers is that you don't really spend any money on them.

Buying the project bike should be allowed*, but beyond that it should be limited to whatever you have in your junk bin, can beg off a friend, or found in a skip.

* Perhaps subject to an upper limit of £50

This contest needs some kind of expenditure rule.

Surely the whole point of Klunkers/Scramblers/Trackers is that you don't really spend any money on them.

Buying the project bike should be allowed*, but beyond that it should be limited to whatever you have in your junk bin, can beg off a friend, or found in a skip.

* Perhaps subject to an upper limit of £50
Nope.... run what you brung

Unfortunately unless you go around stealing parts, you gonna find it almost impossible to get parts that fit these machines if you have a budget of £50. and how would it be policed? and what's accountable? those pedals that have been lurking in a box at the back could have a current price of £30+ etc who's to say what was bought and what was found? And if someone wanted to do it (God forbid) on a Raleigh Bomber they couldnt even get a frame for that! :LOL:

Last edited:
Clearly you'll get more participants if there are absolutely no restrictions on expenditure. Although I would have thought that there are surely plenty of bikes on Gumtree and from other sources that could be used to get a project started for very little outlay. And I always thought that a large part of the fun in this type of project was in cobbling something together for very little money, and hunting down parts that are either free, or bought from bike jumbles and elsewhere for pennies.

Anyway, It's your contest. The challenge to create a klunker bike for almost no outlay was just a suggestion, and I've no desire to try and impose my own rules on someone else's game. Whatever you do, I hope you all have fun with it. It will certainly be interesting to see the bikes being entered for this challenge.

I'll record it, time it and pic it.....struggling to find old bikes my size I can faff with that are in the rules haha......although i tend to bend rules abit tha knows.....

Since this post Ebay has gone daft haha ;)

Back