Reyt-pack September 2022 (Downhill vintage rigid race Yorkshire style)

@Peachy! whats the rule on the frame? Age? Steel presumably? Style?
Initial rules are on the first page, but these are only a rough draft and need to be ironed out at Jim Bowen’s Malton hideout over tea & Jaffa cakes.
But basically;
Frame needs to be pre 1989 & steel
Components post 1989 are allowed but need to have been produced pre 1989 (Brooks saddles for example)
Modern equivalent consumables are of course allowed for safety reasons.

It’s probably easier to list what’s not allowed.
No carbon anywhere
No aluminium frames
No suspension
No indexed derailleur gears
No disc/hydraulic rim or V-brakes

I think that was it?

I'll record it, time it and pic it.....struggling to find old bikes my size I can faff with that are in the rules haha......although i tend to bend rules abit tha knows.....

Since this post Ebay has gone daft haha ;)
If you’re sure? We might have to work out some sort of system as you can’t be at the top & bottom of each section at the same time obviously. But we can iron that out later

I have radios if you need contact between start and finish.

I think you might be missing the point.
I don’t care if you turn up on a BMX, a road frame, a cruiser, a klunker, a chopper, a Grifter, a tandem, an ATB or an MTB.
You could turn up on Uni-cycle for all I care.

Ps I think you might be over estimating how many are gonna turn up… and anyway the cool stuff will get all the attention.

If you’re sure? We might have to work out some sort of system as you can’t be at the top & bottom of each section at the same time obviously. But we can iron that out later
Set of at pre determined times like an enduro and record the time at the bottom, do a bit of maths.....hey presto, did it with an ipad at korcsport for our time trial events but a radio for starts would be easier? We could do it how charlie did it? Two synchronised clocks, t h the older atb would be quicker than a modern on some of the trails as weve more and bigger gears......and shit brakes haha

Latest posts

Back