Reyt-pack September 2022 (Downhill vintage rigid race Yorkshire style)

Ooh, I've rode trail centres and followed mentors to anywhere that was fun,
Took the hand of a cheese named man
And we made love in the sun
But I ran out of places and bearing races
My hubs they had to be free
I’ve been to Barry’s shed, but I’ve never been to me. “

"Suitable" 84 donor collected....taken the bad bits off to assess the remainder......hummmm.....not much left.

Im sure cones should not move sideways....ditto bottom brackets.....maybe its a period feature?

Strangely the old guy had been riding it! He said "im finding it harder and harder to ride, so i think its time i give up".

Thats because the tyre is slopping around rubbing on the both sides of the frame and one side of the bottom brack has the bearings loose in the frame and running on the shell!

Wow....but ideal to build a trackie as i remember them......im going for £0 additional expense.......just like bitd.

Attachments

• 20211108_150355.jpg
    20211108_150355.jpg
    846.2 KB · Views: 23
  • 20211108_162347.jpg
    20211108_162347.jpg
    277.5 KB · Views: 24
It was £25....which using the bank of england inflation calculator makes it £5.74 in 1980, when i was probably just about still messing about with these. So i got fleeced for 74p, as i don't recall ever paying more than a fiver for a bike!

Here’s something for the slightly shorter legged rider…

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
55 quid + 40 quid delivery starting price not exactly giving it away is he..?
Bound to drop, I can’t see it selling at that price anytime soon..

A little progress on the contender. I’ve brazed some cantilever mounts on. Chopped off a scrap frame with a little of the old stay to beef up the crusty Schwinn stays. Frame is pretty rusty but it’s only got to last one race right 😁

Attachments

• 7644D077-408D-46BF-9991-E4A41F5E0402.jpeg
    7644D077-408D-46BF-9991-E4A41F5E0402.jpeg
    320.2 KB · Views: 21
Oh god! What have i started.....i just knew i wouldn't be able to leave it alone....

Paints all off, i have ideas, oh no........how the hell an i going to do this for free!

Back