Retro but cool chainstay protector

widowmaker

Gold Trader
Roberts Fan
Feedback
View
Are there any retro looking chainstay protectors out there, the wrapped, taped and cable tied innertube suits my Kona but not quite suitable for the Roberts.

Anyone use anything that works and looks Retro.

I don't think anything looks as period correct as a cut innertube. no, not the wrap it round and round again look, the slit it up the side and stitch it at the back with cable ties sort. :) everybody excluding the rich kid on his crackenfale was running this back then. :)

or lizard skin, if you must be some meh. :)

I don't think anything looks as period correct as a cut innertube. no, not the wrap it round and round again look, the slit it up the side and stitch it at the back with cable ties sort. :) everybody excluding the rich kid on his crackenfale was running this back then. :)

or lizard skin, if you must be some meh. :)

Or .. slit one and stick back together with araldite - pretty neat finish possible, especially if you shape cuts carefully. Needs low track tape, like frog to clamp it for 24hr mind.

Or .. slit one and stick back together with araldite - pretty neat finish possible, especially if you shape cuts carefully. Needs low track tape, like frog to clamp it for 24hr mind.
always prefer the zip ties, although now I think about it, it was completely irrelevant as I only did it to make it removable for cleaning, which I never did, and wasting a bit of innertube was probably cheaper than the 6 zip ties were. next one is getting glued. :p

Back