Retro bikes from the IAA Mobility show 2021

I dunno they have a Team Marin with 1989 year on it, with 1993 MAG21 suspension forks and a brace form 1994 on ?
Someone's going to have a weird idea about front suspension ;-)
and onza Porcs on ?

never mind the 1990 Klein Rascal with 'flat' 1995/6 Judy forks on it :eek:

I've got to stop looking now, just going to rock in the corner 😶‍🌫️

I dunno they have a Team Marin with 1989 year on it, with 1993 MAG21 suspension forks and a brace form 1994 on ?
Someone's going to have a weird idea about front suspension ;-)
and onza Porcs on ?

never mind the 1990 Klein Rascal with 'flat' 1995/6 Judy forks on it :eek:

I've got to stop looking now, just going to rock in the corner 😶‍🌫️
And it's got STI's and the SG round chainrings. Both weren't fitted until the 1990 model.

I dont think they are show bikes, just average bikes from back in the day, though i did not spot the Knackered Judy's :LOL:

Good job you didn't, you'd have noticed the xtr Canti's too.

I don't know my frs bikes but that is a 1996 not a 1995?
95s used fork stays, not a multi lever rocker thing and 97 had swing arms by then (or did they still do frs's?)

In reality there are some* nice bikes there, I'd fully expect to see them ridden at retromeets and rides, not in a museum style show**.
Hope all had a go day and enjoyed it.

*lots :)
**one of my sort of show I'd end up at yes, with my bikes in.

Last edited:
Hi, i was personally at this 'car' show, and had been very positively suprised seeing a lot of Bikes I do adore.
Sure it was in the back of a pretty empty hall and the light was weak there, one could also question the selection, as some iconic stuff was missing.
But Bikes had been mostly from private owners, a few from Marin, Specialized etc.

Before you'll see more incorrect stuff, here's a list:
- the Breezer seem to be a complete mistake, maybe a 1986 Göricke?!
- the Stumpi from Specialized even directly, has not just awful out of time components, but the frame might be a replica
- the Marin FRS Titanium was labeled as 1993, but it's most likely a model year 1996
- all Bike have been mounted very badly with hose clamps at the crank arm, no one here would ever do this
Still all in all a nice set of lovely bikes 😍

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back