Restoring handlebars

Tsundere

Fat Chance Fan
Feedback
View
What would be the best way to go about restoring these anodised bars? As you can see the exposed parts have lost the black.

If possible I want to preserve the decals, how best to get them removed without causing any excessive damage and keeping them reusable? And what about the bars themselves? Ideally I'd like to get the old anodising removed and a new coating applied, is that doable?

ttttt.png PB160082.JPG PB160086.JPG

I think re-anodising the bar is do-able.. strip the anodising off with your favourite brand of caustic soda (being very careful with bare skin), polish it to a mirror shine and send it to the anodiser. Whether it is worth the labour and cost is something only you can answer.

Decals on other hand are probably not re-useable. Could peel them off carefully, stick em in an envelope and send them to Gil to copy and re-make..

Post some pictures if you go for it!

I agree with @BlackCat but on the other hand I think they look cooler with the marks on them, plus if your using them you dont have to worry about further damage, would it be better for your sanity to perhaps.... hunt for a fresh pair and box em away in the attic (tends to be what I do with these kind of parts, lots of little boxes of the stock componants) XD

Back