Restoration/Renovation hints and tips thread links

dinozoiks

GT Fan
Just added a “How to repair stripped crank puller threads” also works for stripped chainring threads. Hopefully it’s useful.

FluffyChicken

Archivist
Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Was wondering through some old links and I remembered this.
Well worth a read. Mainly, erm modern as in after 1997, but still worth a read.
A general confidence building thread with some interesting bits people seemed to like.

Taiphun

Dirt Disciple
Question about crossing cables - I'm not sure if this is the right place to put it.

Right side cockpit cables (North American style) has the rear controls on the right side. Would one cross these over to the left side of the frame?

Reason I'm asking is that I'm building a Hei Hei, with the cables crossing over from right handlebar to left frame downtube, then crossing back over to the right side under the BB, is that every time I shift, the cable "pings" off the downtube...

FluffyChicken

Archivist
Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Question about crossing cables - I'm not sure if this is the right place to put it.

Right side cockpit cables (North American style) has the rear controls on the right side. Would one cross these over to the left side of the frame?

Reason I'm asking is that I'm building a Hei Hei, with the cables crossing over from right handlebar to left frame downtube, then crossing back over to the right side under the BB, is that every time I shift, the cable "pings" off the downtube...
You should start your own individual new topic on it, with a nice heading so people see it.
This is for collecting links to threads and/or hints & tips
as per the title

Restoration/Renovation hints and tips thread links​

Last edited:

Tsundere

Retro Guru
Just refurbed my first set of pedals following the method linked in the OP, very satisfying and will be doing this with all my pedals from now on.
Special thanks to MR OX who kindly donated a pair I was able to raid for spares 👍

Attachments

• dx4.jpg
    dx4.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 8
  • dx1.jpg
    dx1.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 6
  • P9164036.JPG
    P9164036.JPG
    281.7 KB · Views: 4
  • P9164038.JPG
    P9164038.JPG