Respray colour and new decals for 94 Kona Kileuea?

Re:

I think the price was 70 or 80 for a frame and fork. As I was having just the frame painted it came in a bit cheaper than that.

ABC Enamel I think the company was called.

Re: Re:

dandy1":15ysuwpq said:
I think the price was 70 or 80 for a frame and fork. As I was having just the frame painted it came in a bit cheaper than that.

Okay wow thats not a bad price, maybe ill scratch the spray paint idea and go the powder coat route.
Next question - do you remember the colur code or name?

Re: Re:

79adv":kx0mxeed said:
dandy1":kx0mxeed said:

Okay wow thats not a bad price, maybe ill scratch the spray paint idea and go the powder coat route.
Next question - do you remember the colur code or name?

this might help (Argos are a refinishers in Bristol)
Anthony":kx0mxeed said:
As Argos have been the Kona appointed frame repairers for the UK since the dawn of time, I expect they have repainted a Kileuea or two in their time.

I persist in thinking that Argos work to an Italian colour palette though, rich lush colours, whereas US painters work to a paler palette. How that feeds into RAL codes I couldn't say, but I haven't seen a Fat Chance or Klein as painted by Argos that looked right to me.

to be honest take the frame to an automotive paint supplier/mixer and get their chip cards out to find a close match and note the RAL colour then see if the powder coaters have something close. Most will blow a coat of metallic lacquer over a flat colour to give it some life/sparkle if you ask.

I think close is about as close as your ever going to get (at best) and to be honest as Pip pointed out regarding saving the original paint - when thats gone along with the original decals its no longer original. So in my book free style it a bit just like ENC did and listen to the voices in your head.

Back