Reg Harris 'Record' 1961/62 for sale

RichO

Retro Newbie
REG HARRIS 'Record' 1961 / 62 road bike *SOLD* £300
Frame restoration and paintwork by Argos Bristol, cast head tube badge left as original
Components not entirely period correct but have a suitably retro feel
'Records' were originally sold with Milremo and Huret parts - see this advert: http://www.classicrendezvous.com/Britis ... _ad_62.htm
Reynolds 531 steel frame no: 7031 with trademark Reg Harris pointed seat stays
Mavic G40 36-hole wheels (anthracite) on Campagnolo Record hubs, single butted spokes
Campagnolo QR skewers
Continental amber wall C151 700 x 28c tyres - will probably need replacing before venturing too far...
Weinmann centre-pull brakes operated by Weinmann levers
Tagaki Allez 52 / 42T chainset 172.5mm cranks
SunTour front derailleur
Suntour Superbe rear derailleur with 6-speed 21 / 13T SunTour thread-on freewheel
Suntour band-on downtube friction shifters with plastic covers
SunTour pedals and clips with Christophe straps
Turbo saddle on Raleigh SR alloy seat post
Mavic alloy handlebars in 80mm Raleigh SR alloy stem, terracotta cloth bar tape
Tange headset
Size: 55cm centre of bottom bracket to top of seat post, measured along seat post
Top tube length- 55cm centre-to-centre
The bike is a comfortable fit for anyone around 5ft 7in - 5ft 10in
The Reynolds 531 steel frame has a lovely comfortable and supple yet responsive ride.
Reg Harris serial number 7031 stamped on rear drop-out
Overall condition is good although there are few spots of rust here and there consistent with age
Old-school easy-to-ride road bike from one of Britain's most iconic track cyclists, good for L’Eroica and vintage or classic rides. But possibly not for very big hills with current gearing...!

Will haggle around £300.00
Would prefer that it is inspected and collected from near Scarborough, North Yorkshire. Will consider delivery if within 25 miles or so.

Attachments

• cyc_20120818_045.jpg
    cyc_20120818_045.jpg
    833.9 KB · Views: 990
shushuwheels":27o5gu6q said:
Wouldn't appeal to the purists, but that is a lot of bike for the money. GLWS

Thanks, hope it goes to a good home in due course. Bought it about 10 years ago for similar money, just fancied something old school at the time. I haven't been riding recently so time to see if I can sell to someone who would enjoy it. That said, if I do sell it, I'll probably regret it come the spring, it is a nice bike!

Back