Rebranded Tushingham to Orange?

Andy T

Orange 🍊 Fan
Folks,
Anyone help?
I'm looking for some Holy Grail images or information concerning the very first Oranges, not the hand built rear cross bracing on the seat stay or the recessed Orange badge seat tube examples, or the 1989 Wishbone stay examples which would become the Clockwork or the Tushingham with the Orange stem that Orange have.

I'm looking for the re-branded unsold Tushinghams that were rebranded as Oranges when Roger decided not to continue with MTBs and Lester started Orange using the unsold framesets/bikes. There are several people that state their first 'Orange' were in fact re-decalled Tushingham frame sets, I've also spoken with one of the chaps that was present when the very first Orange was pulled out of the back of a Ford Sierra way back in 1989 - he clearly remembers it was a 'Muddy Fox" frame set and not the cross braced or wishbone examples that came later. Anyone recall the decalling or have a photo?

Info. Is for a potential project - no, I don't have one of these early Oranges....

Cheers folks.

Andy

Re:

he looks young in this picture, but its the only one i have seen.

Attachments

• 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    196.4 KB · Views: 492
Re:

Attachments

• 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    164.9 KB · Views: 490
  • 6_157.jpg
    6_157.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 490
Oops, should have pointed out/attached those images in the first place!
Sorry Sinnerman

Who is it?

Ta
Andy

Andy T":26vg6yso said:
Oops, should have pointed out/attached those images in the first place!
Sorry Sinnerman

Who is it?

Ta
Andy

Dont Quote me, but i think its Lester.

Re:

Im going from memory, but a shout out to folk who may have images of the year Mike Kloser won the Malvern Hills Classic, im pretty sure this was the same year, (but it was a long time ago).

My father lost the brand new camera and got into real hot water over it with my mother at the time. But someone somewhere must have pictures of the malverns hills classic, a long shot i know, but someone somewhere must have pictures of the racers and there bikes.

Re:

1988 was it..?

Attachments

• Kloser.jpg
    Kloser.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 466
Re:

Here is is the correct way around.....

48224014531_f747614d17_b.jpg

Looking at the photo, and having played with it a bit in Photoshop, it looks welded (and quite big beads) rather than a lugged frame. Did Tushingham weld frames?

48224139437_8c09647a9e_m.jpg

Re: Re:

Gerard":2vtoefba said:
Here is is the correct way around.....

48224014531_f747614d17_b.jpg

Looking at the photo, and having played with it a bit in Photoshop, it looks welded (and quite big beads) rather than a lugged frame. Did Tushingham weld frames?

48224139437_8c09647a9e_m.jpg

Gerard,
I think what you are seeing is a combination of a poor photo, poor scan and a trick of the light, suggesting a weld. I believe it's a simple shadow/highlight of the forward edge of the lug cut out. To me the upper lug is clearly seen. I'll try and post an image up to explain once I'm back on a laptop/pc.
Ideally we need to see the original magazine article and not the scan that has been manipulated and saved more than a few times reducing its quality.

Andy

Back