Wanted Rear hub - Preferably hope, 36 hole

The Kilt

Old School Hero
Hi all, after a new rear hub to replace a shoddy old LX hub. Prefereably hope, has to be sealed bearings, doesnt need to be disc mount, but does need to be 36 hole. If I was being picky, I would like it in blue to go with the rest of the colour scheme, however open to other colours such as black or silver.

All I have is a pair of 36h black Hope bulb's, disc model, titanium freehub. Might be a bit too much for you as in not really the right thing, any port in a storm.

Bulbs are perfect, I would have preferred some big uns to be honest, so always on the lookout. How much do you want for them?

New sounds brilliant, but a bit more than I wanted to spend especially as it’s not the perfect match I was after. It’s funny I was flicking through a 2001 MBUK mag, and the prices of hubs like the bulb and big un were so cheap back then.

New sounds brilliant, but a bit more than I wanted to spend especially as it’s not the perfect match I was after. It’s funny I was flicking through a 2001 MBUK mag, and the prices of hubs like the bulb and big un were so cheap back then.
Far as I remember, bulbs were always expensive, as were all hope hubs in general. The cost for a front was usually about 50 quid, the rears £140, ti freehub versions were more on top of that.
Of course that was nearly 20 years ago.
Prices today on ebay, you'll pay about 40 for a front, and 80-100 for a rear, that being for used hubs, not brand new.

Last edited:
Back