RBotM November 2020 - Theme - Tandems !!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamiedyer

Gold Trader
MacRetro Rider
Feedback
View
Welcome to RBotM November 2020 -
The theme this month ................Tandems -

There you have it, something a little bit different for this month in the hope that it will drag them out the shed for a photo, a ride, maybe a bit of long overdue tlc. Who knows but get them out and show them off.
We have had a months break to try and rekindle some enthusiasm for the RBotM comp and I am hoping after seeing all the tandem posts that this will be a really good one.
Rules are slightly different this month as it is open to not only complete builds but those in the process of being built, painted and fettled. This processes take a bit longer with a tandem, especially the older they get so didn't want to exclude anyone or see those sad faces at the shed windows because they just couldn't get it sorted in time.

The rest of the rules are simple and as per usual, 2 photos only, a brief description and a link to a build page or similar where more information can be found. I know there's a good few tandems owned by members that haven't been posted on the site so use this as a good opportunity to start a page in readers rides :)

Jamie

I will kick it off just to get the wheels rolling so to speak:

Flying Scot tandem 531.
IMG_3410 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

IMG_3397 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

Excellent....

Re:

Fantastic!
Looks retro enough to me ;)
Great photos of a really nice looking set up.

Jamie

I’ve noticed though that as Bagpuss’s tandem has drop handlebars and is on gravel, he might try the double and enter this months BotM as well! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Again, not an entry - mainly because I haven't owned this machine since 1989 - but I/we loved riding and racing it so much that I felt the need to post it. It was an M&B Dronfield and it was sold after I was very ill in '88. The person that bought it stuck it in the roof of their garage and never touched it. I saw it again about 10 years ago and offered to buy it back but they wouldn't sell. They've passed away since then and I have no idea where it is now sadly.

I wish I still had the hair too! :roll:

Attachments

• Paul&Eric Tandem 25 Champs 85.jpg
    Paul&Eric Tandem 25 Champs 85.jpg
    156.2 KB · Views: 1,703
Re:

:) :)
That’s three non entries so far :)
I always thought tandem owners were a strange bunch :) ;)

A couple of great entries there guys and much appreciated too.
My lad and I have only just started our tandem adventure earlier this year after a good few touring with him on the cargo bike. Got too heavy and needs to help with forward motion now :) To be fair it was always his suggestion as since he was very young he wanted to help up the hills.
Both of yours are inspiring and something we can only hope to emulate in the future, though I doubt we will ever get to Neds speed :)
I think in honour of Ned you can enter an ex tandem if you have a photo, let’s just get them out and posted, even if your still building them ;)

Jamie

'though I doubt we will ever get to Neds speed'

I wouldn't get anywhere near that speed these days either!!! I can't believe it's over 35 years ago. I can still remember virtually the whole event. Can't remember what I had for tea yesterday though.............

And thank you - it is an honour!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back