Rare purple Paul’s Components FHUB DDT Wheel and Pace RC36

j3aay

Retro Guru
Having a clear out...

Here I have for sale a rare as unicorn poop Paul’s Components FHUB DDT wheel on a Mavic SUP rim (I think it’s a 221 but I’m not sure!). It’s a 32h with no wear to the brake surface- it’s un-scored and not lipped.

The hub spins forever! The bearings must be of a very high specification. It’s smoother than my modern hope hubs. The rim is in-damaged and is almost completely true (side to side under 1mm).

However there is some up/down movement. I’d say 3mm. I’ve just used it and it rode perfectly fine (and didn’t effect braking). But when stripping it down I noticed it so should mention it.

The hub is the rarer DDT so used Titanium bolts into the axle instead of external nuts or a QR.

The purple is still bright and not faded to silver like most old purple components.

This is the real deal, Paul’s retro bits rarely come up.

£150?
Can post and will consider offers.

- 1997 Pace RC36 Pro Class in VERY good condition.

One of the best forks pace made; very plush and reliable forks.

They are in excellent condition with no marks that have damaged the carbon fibre- can send photos to study- the carbon is virtually pristine.

The gold Ti Ni stanchions are unworn but have lightened slightly (usually the gold coating is completely worn off).

Correct proclass grey brake fitting kit and crown. The crown is the rarer, later "radiator" type only fitted to the LTD version.

They have a 1 1/8 steerer at approx 210mm (with the crown race off). A SFN is fitted.

These forks have been in a drawer for approx 10 years so I would recommend a strip down. However, they are very plush with good damping. The lever does stiffen them up when turned.

These are getting rare now, especially in this condition.

£250 Can post at cost and will consider offers if I am way off.

Located in Plymouth for collection.

Attachments

• 7F29D1CB-2422-4B9D-B9F6-5A5C5FC7FEE4.jpeg
    7F29D1CB-2422-4B9D-B9F6-5A5C5FC7FEE4.jpeg
    195.8 KB · Views: 616
  • 64F9B466-8685-4E82-B796-F6FA2761CA03.jpeg
    64F9B466-8685-4E82-B796-F6FA2761CA03.jpeg
    96.2 KB · Views: 616
I had that hub, in blue... It makes a cheesy fork super stiff. Basically, it turns a qr fork into a thru axle unit

Back