Raleigh Dynaflite SBDU 753.... 'Manager Special'

Been using the Manager Special quite a lot over the summer mainly as my mid distance pub bike 🍺 Every time i cock my leg over it mysteriously finds its way at great speed to the Flowerpots at Cheriton. The last leg of the thirteen mile journey is a flat narrow high hedged lane where I can really fly aided by the aero tubes gagging for a pint of Hampshire's finest. This is all really good but I've been overshooting the pub car park entrance by about 100 yards because I can't stop the dam thing, the 40 year old brake blocks just squeal and complain.. eventually I do a U turn and make it too the bar..🤪 Fortunately Clarks have come to the rescue with some almost identical pads, only difference are the carriers and hardware in steel rather than alloy so a slight weight penalty for extra beverage time..🍻

IMG_20220703_135114_HDR.jpg IMG_20220414_132517_HDR~2.jpg IMG_20220703_154641_HDR.jpg IMG_20220414_132538_HDR~2.jpg IMG_20220703_154652_HDR.jpg IMG_20220729_163355_HDR.jpg IMG_20220729_163336_HDR.jpg IMG_20220729_163341_HDR.jpg IMG_20220729_171346_HDR.jpg IMG_20220308_133650_HDR~2.jpg

Last edited:
A special indeed. I looked back in the thread on non French builds and saw this again. Read most of the thread. I like the way you kept the paint. I am struggling a bit atm with a well preserved bike from 1978. How original to keep it? Tyres are probably original, but dried out. Bartape isn't and is ugly, but then this was how it came to me.. Anyway, it is nice to see someone not going all out and rebuild it.

A special indeed. I looked back in the thread on non French builds and saw this again. Read most of the thread. I like the way you kept the paint. I am struggling a bit atm with a well preserved bike from 1978. How original to keep it? Tyres are probably original, but dried out. Bartape isn't and is ugly, but then this was how it came to me.. Anyway, it is nice to see someone not going all out and rebuild it.
Do it, drill the frame...

Love the Gazelle, not much to do tyres, tubes and don't forget the rim tapes, been having some problems with the non eyelet Weinnman rims so will do an update...and 40 year old brake blocks are crap..

Love the Gazelle, not much to do tyres, tubes and don't forget the rim tapes, been having some problems with the non eyelet Weinnman rims so will do an update...and 40 year old brake blocks are crap..
I think I have the same rims, so I am interested to hear. Rim tape is a good tip. There are modern options for brake pads, I am sure you know.

koolclassic2.jpg
koolcont.jpg

Latest posts

Back