Raleigh Reynolds 501

Eltsy

Retro Newbie
Hi All

Looking for some help if possible.
I love cycling and have a very limited knowledge on retro bikes.

My father in law recently passed away and whilst clearing his garage, we came across the below bike.
A fantastic, Raleigh Reynolds 501!
Anybody able to share some knowledge about these bikes? Age? Were they the GO TO Bike back in the day?
I like triathlon, would this be the retro version of a TT Bike? :D

IMG_4328.JPEG

Interested to hear
TIA

Looks in pretty good condition & worthy of a restoration. Looks like some parts have been upgraded. As it was a low end mass produced bike but the owner looks to upgraded it with quick release wheelset saddle etc...maybe old Benotto handlebar tape to.....toe clips also a mark of someone who rode regularly

Re:

That looks like the one :)

I am going to collect it from the house tonight and get it home and into the pain cave with my other bikes. Will get it up on the service stand and give it a good clean and try to sort the tape and "gunk" on the handle bars.

otherself":3dxtlni0 said:
Team Panasonic colours.

Is this your bike?

86704111.jpg
otherself":3dxtlni0 said:
Team Panasonic colours.

Is this your bike?

86704111.jpg

Looks in very good condition and in need of very little so a no brainier to save, use and enjoy.

Hoods for the brake levers are readily available and you want the Weinmann fitting ones, Crane or Dia Compe ones to fit are easy to find with a quick ebay search.

Re:

allenh":2lk3xr6v said:
Looks in very good condition and in need of very little so a no brainier to save, use and enjoy.

Hoods for the brake levers are readily available and you want the Weinmann fitting ones, Crane or Dia Compe ones to fit are easy to find with a quick ebay search.

Amazing thank you for the heads up on the names to search for. No doubt there will be other bits that i will need but will be sure to shout if i cannot find them :)
Looking at your completed list, i am sure you will know lol

Re:

a Raleigh in team colours will always have a following and demand will be there. Even the gas pipe Europas in TI colours fetch more money than they are intrinsically worth

Back