Raleigh Record Sprint Mk 3 decals

2wheeledwally

Retro Newbie
Hi there i wonder if anyone on here can help me, i picked up a little resto project yesterday, a Raleigh Record Sprint however it is the less desirable (to some) mk 3 with black groupset. To be fair for a 30 year old bike its in pretty good order, however the old boy who owned it blew the decals off with his pressure washer when cleaning it! I am trying to source a new decal set however all i can find is mk1 and 2 sets. Could someone point me in the right direction if they know of any sets available? TIA

IMG_20220506_231606_477.jpg

Have you tried H Lloyd Cycles? I'm not clear on the distinction between the various models but there are versions here:

Have you tried H Lloyd Cycles? I'm not clear on the distinction between the various models but there are versions here:

Hi RetroDavy thanks for the reply, i had checked out H Lloyd but couldn't find the variation i needed on there. I think I am going to send them a email see if they are something they can source.

Looks like he also blew all the lube off the chain;)

I had a check on https://www.cyclomondo.net/raleigh-and-carlton but they do not seem to have them either. However both they and H lloyd are good at producing special orders, good luck!
Thanks DSH, i have started on the project and have cleaned the frame up and got rid of the old glue marks. Looks really mint and the original paint is really good nick. I may just replace the Reynolds 501 decal if i cant get a later set. I may leave it as is, i think if I put an earlier decal set on it a Raleigh enthusiast would spot its wrong from a mile off due to not having gold groupset fitted, and I too would also know its not right

Reactions: DSH
Back