Raleigh racing bike

Seanyrider

Retro Newbie
I bought a bike four months ago it is the first racing bike I have bought in 46 years.
My last bike was a 531 tubing Hugh Porter bought from Roy Swinnerton in Stoke.
My new bike has been repeated and has JE James Racing decals on it. It is not a Je James Bike the seller informed me. It is he said a Raleigh he bought second hand and had sprayed in the late 90s. It was a light bike I thought that it was 531 tubing and it had nice parts on it
Campag head set shimano 105 groupset. Miche wheelset one or two parts not original like brake calipers (techtro) pedals cheap nasty, stem and bars Cinelli.
The frame number starts with E which tells me it was built in 1994. Not sure about the rest of the number it ends with 01. It's a bit big for me at 60 cms I'm 6 foot but I have been riding it and enjoying it. I would like to find out more about it. I've added parts to it campag/magic tubular wheels SPDs campag seat post and it weighs now 9.5 Kgs. At this time there were different frames ranging from 01 to 04 ie different quality of 531 frames from a very light premiere frame to a 531 budget frame and then down to different 501 frames. The dropouts on mine are branded raleigh but I'm not sure if they offered campag drop outs on bikes in 1994 and I dont think they used fancy legwork on the later prestige frames. The frame number is on the pics of the bike

Back