Raleigh Pulsar lightly restored

Flashspix

Dirt Disciple
Fallen in love with this bad boy, when I first happened upon it, it was in a sorry state. With no Brakes, fitted with cowbell handlebars and no saddle, it was bought as a possible donor bike.

A couple of days with it keeping me company in the lounge had me admiring the paintwork wheels rims and gearing which had minimal rust.

A quick gear index check and fiddle and the gears were set up, that was it, mind made up this bike was going to live as a racer again.

Ordered the parts with the intention of keep it retro, a charge scoop saddle, NOS Handlebars fitted with brakes with a safety bar, weinman calipers.

All moving parts degreased and regreased, I have been road testing it over the past week and despite falling in love with it, It is up for sale on Ebay with a good set of pics accompanying the listing

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Raleigh-Pulsa ... 011394260?

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Re:

Hello I have a Raleigh pulsar 10 and I am starting a restoration project on it. I would like to ask if you know a place/shop online preferably, since I am situated in Greece, that I might be able to find and get the full set of stickers for the bike. I will start with the paint job of the bike cause it is in a moderate condition but I would love to have it as new as possible, while I will be searching and collecting the other parts that I will need, and I will take of all the old stickers, so I will need to replace them. The plan for this project is to keep it as authentic as possible, with a few adjustments mostly on the back wheel gears from 5 changes to 7 or 8. so if you know a place that i might find apart from the stickers and other parts as well kindly let me know, i would highly appreciate it.
Regards
John

Hi John

I'm at work at the mo, but will dig out some url for decal suppliers (stickers) and also an online ebay store I use for vintage parts e.g the 7 or 8 speed you are upgrading to later this evening.

Moving from a 5 speed to and 8 speed may need your chainstays to be cold set and a bigger chain, I moved from 5 to 6 speed and was able to keep the same chain size.

Warm regards

Paul

Re:

Dear Paul,
thank you in advance for your help.i do know that i will have to adjust-change the rear gear set and the chain for it to work with the upgrade of the 5 speeds to 8. since i am a newbie on the cycling but i love to get my hands dirty and i love this project of restoring and old bike, i think and hope that with the help of people like you and some friends that are cyclists i will find my way around and manage to get this bike back on the road again. one thing is for sure i will make the most out of the learning restoration experience. the story of this bike is that a neighbour left the frame at the bin so someone can pick it up for metal recycle. lucky for the bike i was passing by and fall in love with it and picked the restoration project. the good thing that it has some of the original part on it. so for the missing ones i will look for what it had while in production and if i can't find them i will have to adjust with something similar from the 8o's era.
once again thank you for help. looking forward to hearing from you.
Regards
John

If you put a wanted ad up for the parts you need you would probably get most of them from forum members they are such a helpful bunch

Latest posts

Back