Raleigh Dyna-tech Mission 1990

JoeMtrax

Retro Newbie
Yesterday I managed to score another bargain Retro-Raleigh; this time a (1990?) Dynatech Mission for only £30. Appears Appears be mostly original; with full Deore DX groupset, but some horrific handlebars and stem that need to go in the bin ASAP. Needs a very good clean up today, and then I'll begin trying to source some period-correct bits (saddle, stem, bars, bar ends, pedals). In the meantime, I would LOVE to see an original catalog for one of these, or failing that any information at all that anybody might be able to provide; would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers!
20210521_203001.jpg

Nice Dynatech Mission.:cool:
Are you sure it's 1990 though?

The 1991 Dynatech product line up went (from top to bottom)

Endeavour
Voyager
Odyssey
Mission
Encounter
Sentinel

unfortunately- the 1991 Catalogue that Markybeau highlighted is the German one...it doesn't show the complete range that the UK one would.
I haven't got a copy of this Catalogue to scan (narrowly missed out on one 🤦‍♂️)....so hoping someone has a copy that they can scan and add to the archive.

The nearest I've been able to piece together of what the line-up would have looked is at the bottom of the 1st page of my Odyssey thread here..

Interestingly, 2 noticeable differences seem to go across the range.
-The Sentinel doesn't seem to feature the wishbone of all the other models. Even the one tested in MBUK shows the seatstay arrangement of the following year.
- The Mission comes with 2 variations of decals.
The others stay the same font and layout across the board.

Original spec wise. The nearest I can show is this very original Mission that was on eBay not long ago. Perhaps this can act as a reference?

Here's hoping that someone scans the UK 91 Dynatech Catalogue and adds it here.🤞

Hope this helps?
Cheers

boy"O"boy
20210307_085155.jpg 20210307_085217.jpg

Last edited:
Back