Question about Spedialites TA cranks for a retro MTB

ibbz

Gold Trader
rBotM Winner
Karma King
Dyna-Tech Fan
Feedback
View
Did TA ever make a triple 110bcd 170mm cranks which can be used as compact chainset on an MTB in the early 90ies?

I know they have a lovely Carmina crank - really like those, but they’re modern.

If anyone knows of anything

And are Stronglight French and made in France? I wonder what they had back in 1990-1994

Re:

As far as I know TA didn't make any specific MTB crankset around that time, I'm sure that somebody else more ITK will confirm though.

Stronglight are indeed French and made in France. Probably the nicest MTB crankset they made was the mid nineties No Pogo as below, both light and well made. Maybe worth a search for?

Attachments

• P1000473.JPG
    P1000473.JPG
    170.8 KB · Views: 340
Re: Re:

mynchiboy":cwmyr20n said:
As far as I know TA didn't make any specific MTB crankset around that time, I'm sure that somebody else more ITK will confirm though.

Stronglight are indeed French and made in France. Probably the nicest MTB crankset they made was the mid nineties No Pogo as below, both light and well made. Maybe worth a search for?
Thanks you, I’d be interested to know if any one else has any knowledge but I think you’re right.

This crankset is very very nice! I’ve never seen this before!!! I’m going to do some web searching
Thank you

Yes, they did, called the Zephyr. They are beautiful cranks, were always costly and seem still to go for strong money. I think they also did a double (i.e. with no drillings for the inner ring).
IMG_2578_1200x800__36427.1420764271.JPG

Like these:
http://www.bikerecyclery.com/nos-take-o ... 48-38-24t/

Not entirely sure, they stopped making them in the late 90s I think, but I think I recall them in the early 90s on top-end tourers.

Back