For Sale Quality steel frame (likely 531) - price reduced

trailwright

GT Fan
Picked this frame up a good while back with the intention of using it as a commuter, but I've realised that it is just going to be far too small. Although unbranded, it's clearly of good quality and surprisingly lightweight. I was told when I bought that it was 531, and experience tells me this is the case, but I cannot be 100% sure. It could of course be Tange or Columbus, but one thing for sure is that it isn't boggo pig iron.

It's got Allez dropouts front and rear (not familiar with this brand) but no other markings so I'm not sure if it's been resprayed or it's just lost its original manufacturer / model transfers. It would make a great commuter or winter bike in its current patina, but would certainly be deserving of a fresh respray. Dimensions are as follows:

Seat tube CTC - 55.5cm / 21.75"
Top tube CTC - 57cm / 22.25"
Head tube - 14cm / 5.5"
Bottom bracket - 68mm British threaded
Seat post size - 26.8mm
Rear spacing - 130mm

Comes with a Deore LX headset. £90 all in including postage. Payment via Paypal F&F please. Thanks folks.
20220515_175826.JPG 20220515_175854.JPG

Last edited:
Without a little sticker on the frame I don't for 100% know, but experience is my guide given its weight and general quality and in comparision to other 531 frames I've handled in the past. But it's a fair comment you make and I've tweaked the ad in that respect.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back