Project Cindy, single speed cruiser build

Still following.
I have been doing my first frame re-spray, my Marin Palisades Trail is going AA van yellow. All good until final paint coat before clear coat....suddenly run city! But I hadn't planned on doing it until this thread and it's been fun.
So thanks for the inspiration.

Janners

Janners Mugs":u1d0mf69 said:
Still following.
I have been doing my first frame re-spray, my Marin Palisades Trail is going AA van yellow. All good until final paint coat before clear coat....suddenly run city! But I hadn't planned on doing it until this thread and it's been fun.
So thanks for the inspiration.

Janners

sorry to hear you had issues with the respray hopefully, you can rectify without stripping back. Do you have a thread for your project?

Trusting the weather forecast :shock: , i made an early start knowing it would be too hot to spray outdoors later in the day and possibly my last chance for a while as the forecast looks shit for the next few days. So, by 8am id prepped my work area and flatted the high build primer ready for some colour... third time lucky??? :roll:

784tP2j.png

dusting the first coat... so much easier on the "jig"

xxeWleH.jpg

kBq5jJ0.jpg

tCFoD1v.jpg

oAfv1cd.jpg

NgfXNf7.jpg

Flake setteld nice n even :)

TMys9Pi.jpg

aqToSDL.jpg

6FF48Vu.jpg

Nice consistency to the clear this time

mi7LsbK.jpg

eGarRva.jpg

OqZejaG.jpg

kVYttbi.jpg

SFtXYp5.jpg

GVK4XpF.jpg

Couple of runs :facepalm: .. they'll be covered by the chainring

zIqjiee.jpg

Not perfect but much better than the previous two efforts :LOL:
The plan is to hang it in the loft for a couple of weeks before final wet sand and polish

Well worth the third crack at it.... good job

Reactions: enc
Thanks all for the kind words. I've used rattle cans for years but its ony in the last few ive stepped up my game.
if you've read this thread you'll know this is the third time ive sprayed this frame. Pretty much followed the textbook to the tee with the last try. im not the most patient person in the world so painting bike frames is a real try on my patience. watch for my new post ...
"The Real Cost Of A DIY Paint Job" :roll: :LOL:

Back