Proflex frames Large size Wanted

Magpiegifts

Kona Fan
Feedback
View
I was going to post this in the Wanted section but seeing how I'm just scoping out what's out there and don't want someone to reply thinking I'm wanting to buy off them immediately. Hoping to find the right one and have it lined up to buy in April.
Here we go then.....

I'm ideally hoping to find a Large Proflex frame, with forks anything considered. I really like the carbon swingarms and the carbon girvin forks. So if you have something tucked away you want to part with please let me know.
Thanks in advance guys :D

Re:

Somewhere around 19" is ok for most, or large as they call it.

But.....get that front end up! If you get my meaning ;)

Some of the models are quite forgiving. Shove any old forks on and you get along fine. On the other hand, a recent 955 of mine was low up front no Matter what I did, it felt low and racey, not my cup of tea. But the 757 with girvin expert is lovely! I'm over 6 foot tall.

The 1995 onward models seem quite dependent on girvin vectors, pretty much designed that way.

Re: Proflex frames Large size

hmmm....mine might be too small I am afraid - I am 5-7 and it was a bit reachy for me but I think it will come up too short for you at 6-1, and of course you can't change the stem, only put riser bars on. It was designated as 18inch when sold in 1994.

Thanks for that Marc. I've ridden a 957 I think it was that had z2 bombers. Looked good but I think it's the image of the proflex when I first seen it in Mbuk bitd that I'm wanting to recreate. Iconic design, headturner for sure. I bought a proflex expert series (don't remember which) with carbon swingarm years ago but sold it on quickly as I was skint!

2manyoranges":13vak71w said:
hmmm....mine might be too small I am afraid - I am 5-7 and it was a bit reachy for me but I think it will come up too short for you at 6-1, and of course you can't change the stem, only put riser bars on. It was designated as 18inch when sold in 1994.
By the sounds of it I think you are right Tim. Thank you though ;)

I have an 857 frame i was thinking of parting with, will dig it out tomorrow and measure it up for you.

I too have a 19" 857 F&F aluminium legs carbon swingarm fo'sale, s'got trials bars to make it fit me at 6'3"

Back