Proflex 856 help please

Zaskar75

Dirt Disciple
I’ve got hold of a ‘97 856 and stripped it down for the once over as both shocks didn’t feel right. Can anyone help with the servicing of these or have any info on them? The springs are fine but I’m new to suspension so any help would be gratefully received C5FA6C26-B52C-42D0-BFDE-BBCC513DFA40.jpeg

Hi, have a look on the Proflex idriders page, I don't know if the forum there is still active, but there's a lot of useful info on there.

Click link to Proflex forum.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211107-202738.jpg
    Screenshot_20211107-202738.jpg
    263.4 KB · Views: 9
Thanks very much jimo746, just what I was after. I’m hoping the shocks aren’t physically knackered or just a bag of bolts as standard!

Thanks very much jimo746, just what I was after. I’m hoping the shocks aren’t physically knackered or just a bag of bolts as standard!

Most likely the latter 😉,. The ODS shocks were a step up from the pure elastomer ones though.
Not sure if a Noleen shock as found on the 857etc would fit? But it is/was a popular upgrade, as were the Risse Racing shocks, but then you're getting into a lot of ££ just to upgrade the shock.
On my 857 I had an adapter made to fit a modern Fox Float air shock, not very period correct but was a big improvement. I think the Cad file for the adapter is still on the idriders site somewhere.

Last edited:
Back