** Prefer a fuller figure.... Trek Farley 5 content **

velofrog

Gold Trader
MacRetro Rider
Feedback
View
This just arrived from the man from Amazon, so at least now I'll be able to get an idea of what those big tyre pressures are sitting at! :cool:

psi.JPG

velofrog

Gold Trader
MacRetro Rider
Feedback
View
I don’t know is the honest answer! 😂 Supposed to be around 10 psi ish kinda thing, but I just pumped the tyres up to 20psi on my track pump which makes them pretty firm using the ‘hand squish’ test, yet the gauge only reads 6psi!! When I first pushed it on with the tyres at what seemed like around 6/8psi to me (very soft), the needle didn’t even move! :(

I find it a very difficult thing to judge what 8psi should feel like in a 27.5 inch tyre that’s 4.5 inches wide... it’s a massive void to fill with air... maybe the gauge is reading accurately and I just need to adapt! Factoring in my weight as well makes it a minefield... guess I’ll just have to experiment more.

The max pressure for the tyres is 20psi so running between 6/10 doesn’t seem so mad I suppose!

Last edited:

velofrog

Gold Trader
MacRetro Rider
Feedback
View
So, feeling a little disbelieving of the Accu Gage and what it was telling me was 5psi, I decided to try another gauge just to verify.

A Topeak D2 just arrived, and lo-and-behold.... it shows exactly the same pressure as the Accu Gage.... no discrepancy :rolleyes:

TPD2.JPG

It would seem that my preconceived idea as to what 5 psi should feel like is miles off! I guess in my head 5 psi would feel basically like running flat, but turns out that's far from the case! On that basis I can't ever envisage a time where I would run 10 psi, even with my weight the best part of 16 stones, 5/6 rear and 3/4 front is looking more realistic.

Having never used anything with tyres as big as this thing runs it's a bit of a learning curve, there's a lot of volume to a 27.5 x 4.5" tyre!

velofrog

Gold Trader
MacRetro Rider
Feedback
View
As me and Mr Ergon havn't really got on, I decided to hunt for one of the comfiest saddles I used over the years which was the SDG Bel Air. Managed to find a new black one with the Ti Alloy rails, so hoping this will suit my old posterior a little better! 😂

sdg.JPG

If anyone fancies trying the Ergon SM Pro Men in Med/Large it shall be in the for sale section shortly!

Latest posts