PotM inspirational theme

longun

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Roll up roll up, gets ya pics out.......

This months theme is;

"Inspiration", Images that have inspired you since joining retro bike.

An image from your own build threads, someone else's build thread but give them credit please, a Bike, a component, a ride shot, a feature bike, or even an icon you have or wanted....?

Simply something that has inspired you to stay here and participate in this Retro thing of ours.

You can add two pics up for judging, you can have something of your own and a pic from elsewhere if that helps, but just as a guide.

The pics need to be on retrobike forum, I appreciate photobucket going tits up that may be hard but that was some years ago now so there should be a huge bank of new pics etc.

So go get looking, or even start a new thread with something that’s been burning for a while but you’ve not made the time to start.....I’ve plenty haha.

I’ll let the nominates run till the end of the month, I’d like this to be a biggie tbh, then we can vote in the beginning of March.

Ta

Peachy!

Retrobike Rider
BoTM Winner
rBotM Winner
Claud Butler Fan
Feedback
View
I know its not an MTB, but this still inspires me as my pc screen saver every day....

Our Jimmy's first build... :D

Attachments

• x (2).jpeg
    x (2).jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 1,300
  • de-grease.jpg
    de-grease.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 1,300

FluffyChicken

Archivist
Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Re:

This sort of thing. (my unedited pictures)
My first ride out to meet with our locals, most of their first rides out to. Happened upon poor (but great) weather.

And a few years later...

Attachments

• P1060754.jpg
    P1060754.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 1,256
  • P1020211-1.jpg
    P1020211-1.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 1,257

longun

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Re:

Iirc that was my 2nd ever retrobike ride after pickles one in branston....it snowed there aswell haha, then the peaks ride :)

Love them both dude

marc two tone

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Re: Re:

jonnyboy666":21iqiomc said:
yeah that looks like me 2nd from the right with my 07 clockwork at my feet.

I'm seeing rich aitch- elpedro- weeman mtb. From the right.?

Was you taking the photo perhaps?

sinnerman

BoTY Winner
PoTM Winner
Kona Fan
Re:

Eleven years, more than some, not as many as others, not quite 10,000 posts, people come and go, but the threads don't....Theres a lot of input, guidance, motivators, innovators and inspiration around every corner. And this is the Value of retrobike for me.

To pinpoint and highlight that inspiration over this sort of period isn't easy, but for me a driver and a motivator are captured below, from two different members, with two different bikes. Both images had a lasting impression, one for the need to complete a Unicorn build of my own and finally "ride" the bike that was so illusive for so long....a Roberts Stratos.

and the other to really draw a comparison from, not from a component/spec point of view but from a design and builders' point of view, the attention to detail for me with the Yeti build was unsurpassed, and given it was a perfectly executed build, and both images became the right blueprint to be able to form an unbiased opinion of perhaps.

Neil's, Roberts and Pete's, Yeti.

Both Inspiration for a Build, a Ride, and the reason for telling an untold Story of the British response to an American legend.
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=286151Neil Racing the Robers Stratos...!.jpgPetes Yeti Ultimate BOTY..jpg

Last edited:

rwm1962

Orange 🍊 Fan
Feedback
View
I nominate this picture by Rich34 on the JOIN THE ORANGE "CLOCKWORK" CLUB,show your bikes! thread. It shows perfectly how versatile these bikes are.

Rich34":3rdtz2dn said:
I bought a Clockwork frame and forks in '91, built it up and cycled around Europe in '92. This is the bike at the top of the Galibier - just as well I didn't cycle up it for the view

Attachments

• Galibier92.jpg
    Galibier92.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 1,089

ibbz

Gold Trader
rBotM Winner
Dyna-Tech Fan
Feedback
View
Same bench in the snow

Years ago when I first joined Retrobike my first build was a Raleigh Dynatech MT4 - took this picture during snowfall in 2012 - always looked back and wanted to do it again.
Now today I had the chance again - different bike and different iPhone - but always wanted to relive that ride in the snow on a Retro MTB

Attachments

• DB7EA65D-3269-4A6A-99B7-1D81A95557FF.jpeg
    DB7EA65D-3269-4A6A-99B7-1D81A95557FF.jpeg
    456.3 KB · Views: 927
  • 39E34DEE-02A9-485C-BBDD-7D06C1AD1A89.jpeg
    39E34DEE-02A9-485C-BBDD-7D06C1AD1A89.jpeg
    394.6 KB · Views: 926