Posting abroad

Tootyred

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
I went to my tiny village post office, to be confronted with a notice board with about a dozen sheets of paper freshly pinned to it regarding " posting to europe".

Whilst waiting for the octogenarian ahead to withdraw her meager pension in 2p pieces, i perused the sheets.

" if your parcel is destined for a county in band 4, where tariff c applies, fill in form 2453a in triplicate (provided proof of origin is included with a b26 and accompanying documentation). If category 2 goods, with an overhead tariff are included, destined for a non zone c2 country, get your brother to put your coat on the lower peg for you, before you get your hair cut"

The lady behind the counter said " dont ask us" ....." we just put what you give us in the bag".

Superb.....i think this is a salutary tale of " be careful what you wish for".

Re:

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Sounds very similar to my village PO which is also run by octogenarians, who like to change the opening hours to suit their afternoon naps, so that my rushed attempt to get there in my lunch hour often sees me pick a day when they've decided to close early :roll:
Each time I take a parcel with a pre-paid print at home royal mail label on it, without fail they will scan the wrong barcode, say "ooh it doesn't like it, I'm not sure we can take this here", to which I always tell them to scan the other barcode, and hey presto by some miracle it works. Every time. :facepalm:

I haven't sent anything abroad this year for fear it will tip them in to meltdown.

Back