Possibly dodgy truvativ stems ?

XC-Andy

Retro Newbie
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
i have the exact same stem but without the branding (noted the sort of v shaped groove near the clamp).
I bought mine in full understanding of it being a cheapy Chinese part, I doubt its a 'real' branded stem - but then who knows, maybe it is the same thing?
In fact thinking about it I chose this one as it was lighter than most

RickTheUncivil":3rr7kwpr said:
i have the exact same stem but without the branding (noted the sort of v shaped groove near the clamp).
I bought mine in full understanding of it being a cheapy Chinese part, I doubt its a 'real' branded stem - but then who knows, maybe it is the same thing?
In fact thinking about it I chose this one as it was lighter than most

Cool. All good with the quality of it ? As you say, a good chance of it coming from the same origins as "branded" stuff.

Nothing to make me worried, time will tell if that faith is misplaced but it looks like, you know, a stem.
I put an 80-90mm one on my B17 which I don't ride super aggressive downhill off cliffs into trees but does go off road.
Also got a shorter one on the kids build parts pile, so its on the Makena currently - as noted I bought it because it was light and cheap.

Back