Muddy Fox Monarch Pro: Purists look away now!

That's cool. I also love and hate the yellow cables. Not a fan of coloured cable outer in general. It shouldn't work, but does, I think.

It's been refined somewhat. gone are the yellow cables, the DX pedals and the P2's, in are the original forks, Some nice period correct silver pedals that double as clipless and silver/grey cables, the headset and stem have been switched because 'Ahead' forks, also the slicks are back and I replaced the QR skewers with security bolts so that leaving the bike in town is less risky. This is the bikes final form and it's a great pub/town/not too worried about scratching it bike.

P9164064.JPG P9164063.JPG P9164062.JPG

That's turned out lovely 😍
Cheers mate, really pleased with the end result, the frame is gorgeous, one of the last designs from the original team and it just makes you wonder where Muddy Fox might have gone if things hadn't gone the way they did, it looks like they were just beginning to hit their stride when the rug was pulled out from under them.

I like it but being a sucker for Konas I like it better with the P2's
I loved it with the P2's but the threading on the steerer was just a millimetre or two too short, no matter what I tried with various attempts at using spacers and different crown races I couldn't make them fit without there being a little bit of play in the forks :confused:

They will make a reappearance though on a future project :)

Back