Planet X Jack Flash info

streen

GT Fan
I have recently aquired a Planet X Jack Flash frame but know very little about it. Does anyone have any info or owned one before? Not sure what to do with it at present as I bought it for the forks to use on another project. Build it up or sell it on??

Not seen one before, certainly built to last! Having had a rummage through the parts bin I have decided to build it up as a single speed. Added to the 'to do' list!

DSCN0230s.jpg

I absolutely love these! As a tall guy the fact they made a longer top tube model was a godsend to me!
I've owned several, and currently own 3.....including this 2019 Planet X Jack Flash I have just finished building up. I probably should have done a thread on it really! Made last year by Planet X to announce the Jack Flash's return.....although it seems to have gone very quiet since then. Pretty cool though!

https://www.planetx.co.uk/news/products ... who-s-back

Untitled by Andrew Reynolds, on Flickr

Im not sure what year mine is but I see the basic design has not changed much. Mine will be single speed for now until I can source some chain tugs with mech hanger.

Yeah they were available with two types of dropout, clearly you have the horizontals! I have 1 built up as a single speed too, probably the most fun bike I have ever owned. The original Jack Flash was made from around 98/99. Yours looks like an earlier one so is probably 20 or so years old!

Cool bikes, i used to have an orange one built up as a DJ bike. They came in 2 lengths which made them a good jump bike option for taller riders as everything else at the time was really short.

Some DJ3 forks and hilariously heavy steel 3-pc cranks is the direction aim for.

Loving the singlespeed frame :cool:

I began a geared build back in 2016 but the frame was far too long for me so it never came to fruition :?

p5pb13714649.jpg

I had no idea that they'd released a modern version either - looks good!

Back