Peugeot SLX Chorus - Same as 753 Chorus - NOW £500

Tel

Gold Trader
Feedback
View

Size is 56cm x 55cm (ctxcc)

I picked this up a couple of years ago with a view to restore it, it's sat in my shed ever since. I now need the space and some money so rather than sitting there neglected it's time to move it on.

As you can see this will be a very easy resto, it literally needs a strip and clean. That said I de-dusted it, pumped up the tyres and took it for a spin and everything is fine!!! So you could just replace the chain and grease the bearings and you'll be good to go! Must say that as I rode it around moving like greased lightening with effortless ease I did have doubts about selling this, I truly am going to have a heavy heart when this one goes....

Anyway enough sentiment; this is the European version of the Peugeot 753 Chorus sporting a Columbus SLX frame instead and with a few changes to the UK spec model (this info is to the best of my knowledge). This bike was the fella's racing day bike so has had relatively little use as you can see from the lack of wear on brake blocks, rims, etc. The chain is hollow pin but has had a section replaced with a standard chain, which is a shame.

Little bit of surface rust on the frame which will probably polish back a little and a couple of scratches here and there, nothing serious and no dents. The brakes have some corrosion and the toe clips have rusted too, normal characteristics of this era of Campagnolo. Obviously there's going to be a few bits of rust or corrosion on other components but these are the worst parts, nothing else springs to mind worth mentioning.

As mentioned above the Mavic Open 4CD rims are near perfect as are the Michelin Hi-Lite Pro 19c tyres! Although the tyres did go down a couple of days so it could do with new inner tubes

I'd like £600 for it plus £30 shipping or collection from Kent ME11 is very welcome

Frame: Peugeot Columbus SLX
Fork: Peugeot Columbus SLX

Headset: Campagnolo Chorus
Stem: Modolo
Handlebar: Modolo
Bar Tape: Original and still good!

Brake Levers: Campagnolo Chorus 1st Gen
Brake Calipers: Campagnolo Chorus 1st Gen

Shifters: Campagnolo Syncro shift
Front Derailleur: Campagnolo Chorus 1st Gen
Rear Derailleur: Campagnolo Chorus 1st Gen
Cassette: I know it's French, probably Regina
Chain: Hollow pin (but incomplete - see description)
Cranks: Campagnolo Chorus 1st Gen
Chainrings: 42, 52
Bottom Bracket: Campagnolo Chorus 1st Gen
Pedals: Campagnolo Chorus 1st Gen

Rims: Mavic Open 4CD
Hubs: Campagnolo Chorus 1st Gen
Hub Skewers: Campagnolo Chorus 1st Gen (bit rusty)
Tyres: Michelin Hi-Lite Pro 19c

Saddle: Selle Italia Rolls
Seatpost: Campagnolo Chorus (no logo)
Seatpost Binder: Campagnolo

Re: Peugeot SLX Chorus - Same as 753 Chorus

From the floor to the top of the top tube is 80cm

Okay I’ve been watching the market on eBay, as I’m a little out of touch and reckon £500 is about the right price for this beautiful machine (well I don’t, I feel like it’s worth much more but hey ho such is the current market)

I sold this on eBay for £450 but the bidder didn't pay...I've relisted it for £500 buy it now (or make an offer). I'll let it go for £400 on here. It's going to be split if it doesn't sell after the 30 days on eBay.

I sold this on eBay for £450 but the bidder didn't pay...I've relisted it for £500 buy it now (or make an offer). I'll let it go for £400 on here. It's going to be split if it doesn't sell after the 30 days on eBay.
What was the outcome Tel?

Back