Personal Weight Weenie, FINISHED Pg10 (for now)

Been a while, what with Covid, Stepmum dying and the firm going bust… anyway quick re-cap.
Got stressed, ate like a pig, hit 19st 2lb.
Got hospitalised with super high blood pressure (191/105) and was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes.

Then my GP suggested I seriously get my arse into gear and proposed I signed up to a new-ish NHS sponsored diabetes reversal program, I grabbed the opportunity with both hands and today I hit 16st (44lb loss).

On the weekend @ourjimmy and me had a fathers day ride on my recently finished late 80’s steel Claud Butler Tandem… super fun and had a great chat on the way.
Jimmy asked “what does 44lb feel like?” I replied, this Tandem weighs 43lb, try picking it up.
It’s the first time I’ve heard him swear in surprise! 😀
75D5B851-12CC-4427-B013-31A3CB2ECD32.jpeg

I’ve started dragging some bits and bats together for a winter weight weenie project, but whilst perusing the forum I did start thinking about my own excess weight & the simple fact that I might gain my biggest performance improvement by tackling this first.

Ok so I can’t just buy a set of carbon legs and a titanium torso, I might just have to do some work and stay motivated, so I thought ok, let’s do thread on here... I’ll update my loss as I go on and you lot (if you wanna join in) can abuse/support/heckle from the side lines...& if anyone feels like doing the same feel free to post progress on here too.

Right, ten years ago when I left London for rural Yorkshire I was 14st and could happily cycle for miles so that’s my target by Mountain Mayhem 2020 next June.

STARTING WEIGHT 18st 12.5lbView attachment 462155
Reading your ‘weight loss‘ story for the first time today, after I decided to sell my Claud Butler passed on to me some years ago. I know nothing about it so could do with a few pointers and was searching for someone that may know his stuff!?!? I do know weight loss is hard but if we can do it, anyone can - 6 stone lost between us as a couple in just 8 months!

Well done. Had bad ticker issues earlier this year, thought it was all over and now following a similar course of action. Only lost 2.5st so far but the BP is back down to normal. All related to lockdown, stress etc etc. This curse will prob end up killing more people from MI, undiagnosed cancers and other stress related deaths than C19.

Re Claud Butler, where do I begin identifying age, model name, help!!!!!
You could start by having a look at my Claud identification thread (assuming you’re talking about a road Claud?)
If you can’t work it out from that, send me direct message with some photos (ie not on this thread)

Why does only one of you ride it at a time? I think it’s supposed to be done differently. Hence the second saddle etc. Just saying. X

Weight loss is admirable. I know how hard it’s been and the temptations you’ve resisted. Hopefully the new regime will provide years of better health and less worry.

Cheers M-power & Magpiegifts.

As for you THM thanks for the kind words and as ever, the silly ones as well…🤦‍♂️

Back