Peachy Pace RC529…FINISHED Pg22

Ok, so Pike has turned up… stupid boy 🤦‍♂️😁.
I don’t like the monochrome dull as dishwater modern graphics so they’ll go (more about that later)
But for now I want to talk about stack height.
Online images I’ve seen of other peoples builds have stacks of washers looking like some sort of neck stretching thingy…
I don’t like the look and wonder if there is some reason behind this practice other than the owners not wanting to cut the steerer down?
I’ve mocked up a full 60mm stack but it just looks silly to me, the bar height would be around 44” whereas I’m preferring 1 x 10mm washer giving me a height of 42” (about an inch higher than my Antaeus)
Any thoughts people? 214843B9-1301-4894-90D3-81E21976FCF6.jpeg 1AE52A16-CA28-4FA8-A283-29BC1AD31E12.jpeg 0B46A98F-41C0-4861-B422-2C03804E7C8A.jpeg A53EAA13-9F99-46F8-A2C5-13B215EB222E.jpeg 38D0DFD1-8257-43B5-A113-DF41C767BDF2.jpeg

I experimented quite a bit with my 29er and eventually settled on a stack height of about 35mm. Anything higher looked wrong in my opinion, and it looks worse still with a super short stem, mine is 60mm which I guess is quite long by todays standards.

If you go for 10mm you could always put some spacers above the stem while you're deciding and cut it down once you're sure.

Oh and the colour scheme on your Burgtec bars looks a great match for the rest of the bike 👍

I experimented quite a bit with my 29er and eventually settled on a stack height of about 35mm. Anything higher looked wrong in my opinion, and it looks worse still with a super short stem, mine is 60mm which I guess is quite long by todays standards.

If you go for 10mm you could always put some spacers above the stem while you're deciding and cut it down once you're sure.

Oh and the colour scheme on your Burgtec bars looks a great match for the rest of the bike 👍
Yeah I’ve decided to build up the wheels and get it stood up on its own two feet with me in the saddle before I start operating.
Just fishing for opinions re geometry etc as these modern bikes are a completey new thing for me (other than servicing my lads mates bikes)

Yeah I’ve decided to build up the wheels and get it stood up on its own two feet with me in the saddle before I start operating.
Just fishing for opinions re geometry etc as these modern bikes are a completey new thing for me (other than servicing my lads mates bikes)

Yes, saddle height will be a big factor. I think mine ended up more or less level with the bars.

Are you getting a dropper post?

Yes, saddle height will be a big factor. I think mine ended up more or less level with the bars.

Are you getting a dropper post?
Yup, a Bike Yoke Dropper Revive as per Pace’s spec, just mine’s a used second hand one that needs some Peachy love…

Even Pace have the stem stacked up on their web photos;
2020 RC529.JPG

You’ll be phased by everything modern at first. Bar width, geometry, wheel size, gearing, stem length etc. Lots to tweak and play with before you commit.

BTW, it’s 80” long for crying out loud… it’s nearly as long as my Tandem😬

Back