Peachy Pace RC529…FINISHED Pg22

Top notch job on the graphics, and the Pace head badge now looks how it should of been OEM. . .
I couldn’t possibly comment… (I don’t want to upset anyone at Pace 😬)

Ended up doing the graphic artwork myself as apparently lots of people who can’t do it themselves want to go to some event on the bank holiday so naturally Gil had to sort them out. Not a problem though, because a day after I’d drawn them and sent the file to @gil_m he knocked them up and posted them back the very next day! Top man..
Here’s a few shots from the kitchen table. 😁
View attachment 564556View attachment 564557View attachment 564558
Just read through the whole thread. I’ll admit I questioned some of your decisions but this has turned out super nice. Particularly like the yellow/black graphics on the frosted chrome finish. What program do you use for designing your graphics?

Just read through the whole thread. I’ll admit I questioned some of your decisions but this has turned out super nice. Particularly like the yellow/black graphics on the frosted chrome finish. What program do you use for designing your graphics?
Cheers, I went to Art college in the early 90’s so I’m stuck in a Corraldraw loop… fortunately Gil can use what I draw 🤣

Reactions: enc
Wouldn’t have a clue about the corral thingy… I guess the fundamentals translate to PS?

How about a tutorial on how you do the custom graphics?

Wouldn’t have a clue about the corral thingy… I guess the fundamentals translate to PS?

How about a tutorial on how you do the custom graphics?
Not sure what PS is? Gil converts my .cdr (coral draw file) into an .ai file (Adobe illustrator) which is also something Coraldraw can read so we can work together on stuff.
As for a tutorial… not sure how interesting that might be, but I intend to muck about with the RockShox Pikes when they arrive so maybe I could do something then?

Reactions: enc
Not sure what PS is? Gil converts my .cdr (coral draw file) into an .ai file (Adobe illustrator) which is also something Coraldraw can read so we can work together on stuff.
As for a tutorial… not sure how interesting that might be, but I intend to muck about with the RockShox Pikes when they arrive so maybe I could do something then?
PS .. photoshop…
did you design the decals from scratch or modify something to suit?
love the idea of personalised graphics.
Would love to see how you go about this.

These were a modification of @gil_m ’s original design. I just added a drop shadow like the RC100, made up a “PEACHY” in the Pace font ( @The History Man ’s idea) and changed the colour so that Gil “just” needed to click & print.
He was soooo busy making stuff for Malverns that it would have been ages if I hadn’t, plus it’s also cheaper this way. Gil’s pretty cool with this stuff and knows that there is no way I’d reproduce these for my own profit.
I guess if anyone else wants this style they should get in touch with @sophie@pacecycles she might be happy to take an order for them as Gil now has this artwork on file.

Last edited:
Twiddling my thumbs between rides, I thought I’d have a crack at my yellow Flite titanium.
Usual “Before”
A73ACC59-6444-44C3-9DEC-17548C0022B5.jpeg 13F01330-CD37-4073-8C76-6DA544088539.jpeg 62F04359-6D69-4F86-A2DD-2F2662A666E1.jpeg DFBC4C90-1543-4052-8B71-48B2E6EB3E8D.jpeg

Back