Peachy Pace RC529…FINISHED Pg22

I've got one. Love it! Have played around with the 27.5+ but prefer the 29er set up.

Big fan of 853 tubing and this is more robust than the older pingy feel but still has that steel feel.

I'm crap at writing a bike review so here is the summary.
Reynolds 853 - Very Good
Sliding drop outs - Very Good (SS is fun!)
29/27.5+ - Very Good
British - Very Good
Not super popular - Very Good
Going uphill - Very Good
Going downhill - Very Good

Overall - Very Good! Get one and enjoy

IMG_4639.jpeg IMG_2998.jpeg

I’ve never ridden a modern bicycle… (well nothing newer than 2001 & certainly not a 29”…
Might see if I can try before I buy?

ps, what did you buy?
I bought a Santa Cruz 5010 (27.5). I tried a mates Orange 4 and fell in love thinking that all modern bikes look the same so they must ride the same.
It just seems to have an odd riding position, two of my mates have ridden it and love it saying there's nothing wrong but it doesn't feel anything like the Orange.

I bought a Santa Cruz 5010 (27.5). I tried a mates Orange 4 and fell in love thinking that all modern bikes look the same so they must ride the same.
It just seems to have an odd riding position, two of my mates have ridden it and love it saying there's nothing wrong but it doesn't feel anything like the Orange.
I never got on with Santa Cruz bikes in the past as they always were a bit shorter and taller than the equivalent Oranges.

Latest posts

Back