Pace RC36 evo LTD?

BIBBY

Retrobike Rider
Hi all, picked these up last week mainly because they were local, cheap and Pace, when I looked on the web to find out exactly what I'd got mainly to strip down and service them I found out about the LTD edition radiator crown forks, the only difference I can see is the ridges on the crown, is that the only difference. They need a little work, full service, some bolts replacing and a carbon bridge that's been drilled.

Attachments

• IMG_20220510_183322747.jpg
    IMG_20220510_183322747.jpg
    449.9 KB · Views: 16
Have you visited this site?...

Afaik the gold stanchions = RC36 Pro Class forks. As you said, the radiator crown was just a different style of fork crown.
You mention they need a "little work"? They should be coil/elastomer so fairly easy to service , provided nothing needs replacing ....

Thx

I had a look at Goatsurfer but didn't show the crown in detail which seems to be the only difference, gave them a quick tear down and top out bumpers seem to be missing/worn away and no oil in the damper, could have leaked out so possibly needs new seals.

I read that at the time pace had lots of fork assemblies but no crown/steerers so made up a batch of radiator crowns to build the forks. I think that would suggest that's the only difference but could be wrong of course.

If you are looking for spares, justbackdated on here is fork English and services pace forks. I've used him a few times and he's great, plus he sells spares too.

Back