Pace RC200 F6 build

d8mok

Gold Trader
GT Fan
Feedback
View
So yesterday I picked up a Pace RC200 and thought I’d do another build thread ...

Always admired the RC200 from far but never gone too much further into them as assumed I’d not buy one. Well a bit ago I got the itch and here we are.

I watched the market for a while and tried to buy a few bikes but as most people know lots of these are cracked and also lots of sellers wanted top top money for rubbish spec bikes. I was happy to go either way by buying a cheaper bike to keep the frame only or buying a high spec full bike to keep. In the end I decided I wanted ideally a F6 or 7. In either grey or silver

Ended up buying a higher spec bike but it needs quite a few bits swapping to make it how I want

Spec wise I would like to add some pro class forks , a nicer chainset , a pace stem/ rental bars (oh and saddle and tyres)

The rest I will clean as it’s all nice stuff. The bike has little mileage and no damage so will be a good base.

Pics once I got it home ....

Today I will start to strip and clean. As always I remove the Pedals,chainset and B.B. first as I find it easier when it’s on it wheels if Force is needed. In this instance it was a breeze and a lovely Royce B.B. was revealed.

Love Pace frames, still on my list of bikes to own one day.

Might be a good idea to put the random links in your posts into either a signature or in the non-bike classified section, to stop them being removed.

Re:

This is how far I’ve got with bits

Some are from original bike and some came into my hands this week by luck.

Still need lots though

I thought I recognized the username.

It was a great looking car, I actually rang you up looking to buy it but you had sold it the day earlier. I still have the one I bought instead.

IMG-0086.jpg

Re:

Great cars and still increasing in value

Mine was on the cover of evo mag and if I’m honest sold for more than I’d hoped in the end as it sold once and didn’t complete and then second time they had gone up more. I also had a evo 4rs, Clio v6 and a locoblade kit car but all got sold as I lost interest in cars and basically bought a house lol.

Re:

Made a little progress on sourcing bits now

So far I have managed to break a couple of bikes with bits needed

The wheels I had (m950 on 517) had black spokes to I’ve moved these onto my Lightning. So the wheels for the pace are the same but silver spokes now.

I’ve Managed to source a nice pair of RC36 Pro class from a bike I split which may need a longer steerer.

Bars are controltech in silver which came from another bike I split but was a welcomed surprise I didn’t know it had.

Cranks I ended up selling the XT/Royce and will go XTR. I do have a pair but feel they have a little too much heel rub.

So bits I now need are

Chainset - M952
Flite saddle
Skewers- M950 or open to suggestions? Xlite maybe?
Stem - RC45 in silver or maybe a silver controltech or Thomson.
Tyres - maybe a amber wall dart/smoke. Can’t decide ether that or Rust wall IRC Mythos maybe.

Latest posts

Back