Pace RC 200 could be F6,F7, or F8 Is this a STOLEN frame?

Papillon

Old School Hero
At the moment I have come across a Pace RC200 frame for sale it looks like part of the serial ID has been ground of by a rock, or a grinder! Prior to purchasing this I thought I would see if at any time any member has lost a Pace what can be seen is (8 07:cool: so it is a 18" frame as said seller says it is a F6 any advise on this or if it is a members frame pm me and I will give you details, also would be interested on advise if I was to purchase, many thanks
Papillon

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 325
Re: Pace RC 200 could be F6,F7, or F8 Is this a STOLEN frame

That doesn't look like its been ground off deliberately, anyway you grind off the whole serial number surely if it had been stolen?

Well as a person that has had a decent bike stolen before, I feel obliged to just check and be transparent in my concerns and future purchase!
Papillon

I wouldn't worry, the only bit of the serial number thats been removed is: F6 1
The serial number should be: F6 (model) 18 (size) 078 (serial number) so the only part removed was the non-unique part, the only bit left is the identifiable bit. I say it was a ground strike as that alloy marks easy!

Many thanks Pete, just thought I would play safe many thanks.
Papillon

as already mentioned above it doesn't look like anything too sinister.
Probably a naturally occurring scrape, the reason the other numbers survived is that they are usually hidden under the plastic cable guide which screws in the bottom bracket shell.
is the cable guide included with the frame?

Hi Jimo, have to check on that but think it is but will ask the question as just about to purchase it cheers
Papillon

Back