Overbury's Pioneer 1988 - Finished Page 8

Re: Overbury's Pioneer 1988

Those Tioga bars are nice but you may find them a bit narrow for the 'behaviour' of the Pioneer out on the trails.

Re: Re:

retrobikeguy":1cbtfxk5 said:
k-rod":1cbtfxk5 said:
I have an un-boxed but NOS Deore II long-cage rear mech on hand that I don't really need, in case you're interested.

could well be interested depending on how my project one comes along ;) and price of course. will drop you a pm if the experiment doesn't come off.

meanwhile found these in the shed :D

IMAG1530_zpsj7w6ia2k_edit_1454618137452_zpsusxkvjhr.jpg

RBG

A slow drying white paint that wont react with the black so you can wipe off the excess leaving the letters filled.

Re: Overbury's Pioneer 1988

Cheers guys,

Will be measuring bolts up tomorrow for the pedals then! And then down to our hardware department where I will be trying out the assorted white paints on my deore logos.

Seatpost hunt now.

RBG

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Re:

Small update,

Went to collect the frame today and sadly its not back yet :evil: another week I'm told so for now....

few more parts collected, including some deore 6 speed shifters, I think I'm gonna go for these on the build and use the 7th hidden click, choice of saddles, not sure which will suit yet. Foam grips, quite period correct and comfortable, nice nos 3TTT 26.8mm seatpost in black, new chain and a barely used cassette.

IMAG1698_zpsha6hx7bd.jpg

RBG

Re:

Back from paint today.

Took it to work where it will stay until I fit the decals then back to the shop for a clear coat, as you can see, I went for lime and turquoise, reminiscent of a Specialized Rockhopper now I look a it in the flesh, tubing and frame decals ready and waiting but I have suffering with some deafness due to a bit of sinus infection and have just come down with a bit of flu to top it off so feeling 'proper' cr*p and didn't really feel like doing much more than picking it up and leaving it a work and going home to bed tbh. shame because I was really looking forward to cracking on with this now.

IMAG1719_zps18phuhpj.jpg

...funny how excitement gets the better of you.... maybe just one decal.

IMAG1721_zpsxvj1rolt.jpg

Gone home to steam my head and down a few paracetamol now.

RBG

Re: Overbury's Pioneer 1988 - now with paint!

Hope you feel better soon mate. It's looking great :)

Re: Overbury's Pioneer 1988 - now with paint!

Oh nice, love that, reminds me of a lush tracksuit I had back in the day!

Re:

Cheers chaps,

Quite chuffed to finally have a nice frame to hang the parts I have collected over the weeks on.

looking forward to getting the decals on next week.

RBG

Back