Out of lockdown planning.

epicyclo

Senior Retro Guru
Seeing as Jamie has a nice shiny newly painted Flying Scot, I know he will be desperate to get an opportunity to take it for a decent road ride.

Being the thoughtful chap I am, I thought I'd map out a perfect road ride route for him.

So I grabbed my bike with the skinniest tyres. It's a Ti Pompino single speed running a 48t front so I wouldn't be tempted to take it on one of my usual "road" rides.

That didn't work too well...

Had to check out the woods, yup, that worked ok...

A bit too tree rooty for Flying Scots, methinks, so find a path

A bit better. Oh look a stile. Pretty normal on a road ride isn't it?

And then so we can be on trend, some gravel...

Oops what's this? The start of the 'Puffer? Checked the map, it's a road. Phew! Jamie will be pleased.

That was hard work, nearly blew a gasket on the climb. Might have to get one of those new fangled aids for the infirm, a 3 speed hub. Jamie should have no problem though after his training hauling his Big Dummy against the headwinds up north.

A bit further along I found another stile. Too tempting to miss. The next section may not be suitable for shiny Flying Scots because it was just straight down through a field.

The trouble with going down is that inevitably you have to go up. A wee bit on the steep side this bit.

I know Jamie loves trains, so I had to include this bit

Which leads to this bit. It's also a road. An ancient one at that, probably a few thousand years old, so just the job for an old bike like Jamie's.

So there we have it. A nice little road ride for Jamie's pride and joy.

Do you think he'll appreciate it? :)

Re:

In your 70's and oot and aboot during lockdown :facepalm:

I hope you were never more than a couple of miles from home and kept good social distancing.

Photies look good though and ride looks fun. :LOL:

Re: Re:

velomaniac":2laaz9mu said:
In your 70's and oot and aboot during lockdown
No worries Velo, social distancing was observed.

There was probably no one within a km of me for most of the ride. Strangely no one seems to take their bikes in many of the places I do.

I'm more at risk on the daily dog walk.

Re:

Put a few miles in on the suburban streets of Edinburgh. Now been down many streets I've never set foot before. South Edinburgh is in many parts a most desirable place to live which explains the high prices. Also pulled by the Bike Station which operates on Saturdays. Me thinks they need to rethink their social distancing ideas. Only letting one person into a huge shop at a time for 10 minutes per person means those in the queue will wait a long time. My estimate was those at the back of the queue had a 3 hour wait for 10 minutes in a second hand bike shop!
People must be really starved of interest to endure that kind of wait.

Re: Re:

velomaniac":z70kr3cg said:
People must be really starved of interest to endure that kind of wait.

Sounds like my crappy rural internet connection!

Back