Orange P7 Project

Nice.

You could just get a wide range 9spd cassette off aliexpress

I run 11-40 8spd on one of my bikes with m750 mech and 8spd shifter, with no other mods works great
Took your advice and fitted this lovely 9 speed wide range 11-42 cassette on the weekend. Gear change is really smooth but it's a bit loose gripping the teeth on the free hub, price you pay I suppose.

IMG20220318145722.jpg

Only other issue is I can't change in to top two gears as the derailleur is catching so need an extender to move the hanger away from the derailleur. Got one on order though so fitting today.

Climbed really well out on Sunday morning anyway even with 7 gears.

IMG20220320080220.jpg

Hi,

I've used Spray.Bike on one of my builds in the past. Didn't like the outcome, intending to sand it down again and give it another go as I have a brand new can of Spray.Bike. I personally was underwhelmed with the spray, but I do like the matte powdery look. Was wondering how it held up on this bike?

Also, cracking looking bike.

Not holding up great at all to be honest, any slight touch ends up in a chip or mark, it's like it's painted with butter. The bike looks great and I'm over the moon with how it's turned out on the whole and just have to accept that I'll be respraying at some stage.

Not holding up great at all to be honest, any slight touch ends up in a chip or mark, it's like it's painted with butter. The bike looks great and I'm over the moon with how it's turned out on the whole and just have to accept that I'll be respraying at some stage.
Appreciate the info mate. Yeah bike looks great and honestly it seems like all the ghetto methods of spraying always end up costing you more in the end. I reckon I'll give Montana gold and some durable clear a go anyhow though, see how it compares to the spray.bike which is awfully dear.

Well I wouldn’t have considered that paint scheme but it looks pretty trick and bang on for this build. Nice job.

I wasn't sure either to start with but it just works. I wanted something a bit different which is exactly what I got 😂

Latest additions:

I've swapped out the Marin crank and chainring for a nice Shimano LX triple chainset and put a 1x narrow wide chainring on there to match my gold theme.

IMG20220531202452.jpg IMG20220531202440.jpg

Also put a Shimano XT clutch rear derailleur to handle the bigger range cassette as the old one wouldn't let me get into gears 1 and 2.

IMG20220531202504.jpg

Off out tomorrow now to see how I get on.

Back